Medical Hypnosis Overview
Medical Hypnosis is the use and application of hypnosis for medical and health purposes. Hypnosis is not a substitute for receiving medical care. The most effective use of hypnosis is as an adjunct or complement to the treatment of a health or medical condition. Medical hypnosis is a specialized form of hypnotherapy that focuses on the use and application of hypnosis for specific health and medical purposes.
The Medical Hypnosis service applies hypnosis in direct and specific ways that relate specifically to physical health and healing. Compared to most forms of hypnosis and hypnotherapy, medical hypnosis places great emphasis on developing the hypnotic state at will and often relies heavily on the use of direct suggestion and post-hypnotic suggestion to control and manage symptoms. Hypnosis is drug-free and clear of unwanted side effects.
Hypnosis was approved and accepted by the American Medical Association in 1958 as an adjunct to medical treatment.The AMA also recommended hypnosis be included as part of the curricula medical students receive in their schooling and postgraduate training.
Uses of Medical Hypnosis
- Physical health & well-being (directed at specific ailments)
- Surgery anxiety
- Surgery preparation (minimize pain, discomfort, and blood loss)
- Postoperative recovery (empower the healing response, accelerate recovery)
- Release physical trauma
- Enhance the body's resistance to stress
- Strengthen the immune system
- Pain control (general and localized pain control)
- Chronic pain, pain reduction, pain management
- Induce stillness (helpful for PET scan/ other procedures where stillness and deep relaxation are helpful)
- Relaxation for stress release and improved physical health
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy (tolerating treatment, enhance treatment effectiveness)
- Reduce nausea and vomiting (chemotherapy)
- Induce mental/physical detachment (helpful for pain, chemotherapy and radiation therapy)
- Hypno-birthing (support and pain control for childbirth and delivery, release anxiety, induce relaxation, postpartum healing and recovery)
- Energy-medicine techniques
- Weight loss, eating habits, addictions, exercise motivation to improve physical health
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome IBS
- Skin conditions (psoriasis, eczema, warts)
- Hypnodontics–hypnosis for dental anxiety and dental pain control (analgesia-free method of pain control accepted by the ADA over 50 years ago)
- Iatrophobia (fear of going to the doctor), Claustrophobia
- Positive expectation mental programming
- Anger and depression related to health problems
House calls and hospital visits are available at no extra charge
to local clients living in Grass Valley, Nevada City, Penn Valley, and the surrounding area.
* Note: Specific results are not guaranteed as results may vary from person to person.